Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Tuesday Motivation

Good morning! I hope your week is going well. It's another beautiful day, let's not waste it!



After my recent meeting with my "coach" last week we discussed some things that really hit home. Since then I have put up handwritten and printed affirmations ALL over my house, in my car, in my purse, on my computer screen, on my lock screen on my phone, they are EVERYWHERE. I am sure if anyone comes over they are probably thinking what the hell is all of this?

Truth is, in the past I used to write little notes and hide them in hidden places for someone I was with, I would write little notes and tape them to public bathroom mirrors or places where complete strangers would find and doing that made me feel good to know that hopefully I made an impact on someone's day. You never know what someone is going through, they could be struggling in their own life and to know that I could possibly change that, made me feel good. I didn't expect anything in return. I originally got the idea several years ago when I came across a site and the project is called, Operation Beautiful. (Here is the link: Operation Beautiful and the Facebook page is here: https://www.facebook.com/OfficialOperationBeautiful/ )

Then it dawned on me at the end of my appointment, "what if I did that for MYSELF?" Sure, it's not quite the same but to randomly see a post-it first thing in the morning that says, "You are loved" or "Do all things with kindness, including yourself." or "I am in the process of becoming the best version of myself" and so on, actually puts a smile on my face and is a simple reminder. Sure, I can complain about getting up at 5 AM every day but to see those notes helps me. When I start to memorize each one, I will take those down and write more to replace. I may not have someone leaving me random little notes and that's okay but I am being the person that changes the way I feel about myself .

Check out this short motivational video that I found. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. If you have some videos that you enjoy and want to share then leave the link below in a comment.



MAKE TODAY COUNT! DO SOMETHING NEW. DO SOMETHING DIFFERENT THAN YOU DID YESTERDAY.

Don't forget to love yourself. 

Love, 


Jillian 


No comments:

Post a Comment